Monday, September 17, 2012

I Remember When....

Hiya everybody!!  Welcome to Day 3 of the Let's Do The Time Warp Challenge - I remember when.....inspired by a special event in history, either well-known or personal.  I chose EXPO 86'!!

When I first started thinking of doing this challenge and read what we had to do for this day, Expo 86' was the first thing that popped into my head - no need to think or research.  Expo 86' was a world's fair held in Vancouver, BC from May 2 to October 13, 1986.  The theme was Transportation and Communication:  World in Motion - World in Touch.  It featured pavilions from 54 nations and a bunch of corporations - I remember McDonald's and Scotties tissue...  I was 6 when the Expo started and 7 by the time it was over.  I remember going, whether we went once or more than once, I can't remember.  I remember the water park which was a huge UFO with an alien flying it.  I also remember an enormous play house thing that was like a jungle gym, with obstacles you could climb over and slides that went into a plastic ball pit.  There was also a bridge with statues that you could climb and pose on - they were life size human statues doing random things, riding bikes etc.  I think the main reason I remember these things is because there are pictures of me at them - but it was still a cool event that put Vancouver on the map and I was lucky enough to go!!

Expo 86 Nail Art

Expo 86' Nail Art

On my pointer finger, I've done the Expo Centre which is now Science World.  On my middle finger is the logo for Expo 86'.  On my ring finger is the space man mascot that was everywhere!  And on my pinky is what you saw when you came to the event, they were these huge structures that looked like a roller coaster, that weren't welcoming you to Expo 86'!!

I used a bunch of colors, if you want to know one, let me know!!

Please show some love for the other polishaholic's doing the LDTTWC by clicking on the links below!!  Check back Wednesday for Lights, Camera, Action!!

Holla, N


13 comments:

  1. Hasn't Vancouver always been on the map? hehehe I don't mean literally. Canada's has its 'big cities' and its one.
    Kingston is still not on the map. Other than home to Sir John A. McDonald. lol oh and the Tragically Hip but thats it. booo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just jealous because you live in uckyville and I live in beautiful BC!

      Delete
  2. These are awesome! Your nail art skills are amazing, you did such a good job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun childhood memory! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun memory and you did an awesome job creating this mani! I love all the tiny little details <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The details in this are so awesome - you put quite some time into them, it paid off! They're so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I love doing fiddly little things, so this was right up my alley!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N