Sunday, August 12, 2012

Black and Blue

Sunday Homework is BACK!!!  The lovely Becca from Nail Narcotics took a break last week due to life (that darn life, getting in the way of nail polishing :), but she's back - YAY!!!  For today's homework, she's assigned us a gradient mani!!

I wanted to do something subtle because I have an interview tomorrow, so I attempted a black with pearly nude.  As you can tell by the title of this post, that attempt was not successful!  First of all, I didn't like the pearly nude I used and second I don't have a makeup sponge, I used a craft sponge that is way to porous and leaves way too many marks.  I've done this sucessfully with the same craft sponge once, on my Caribbean Calypso mani.  This time I did not have the same results.  SO, I decided to use BM (bundlemonster) plate 301.  This took a little fiddling....but not as much as using the craft sponge.  I haven't mastered stamping yet, so there were gaps in this that I had to fill in.  I used the polish brush to add color on the tip of my nail and then used a stiff bristled paint brush to make sure the texture matched.  I wish I could have used something brighter, but next time for sure, I'm just glad Becca didn't assign something that would really distract in my interview!!!

Don't forget to check out Nail Narcotics Sunday homework - Gradient Beginner!!  

Black Blue Gradient Nails

Black Blue Gradient Nails

Base Coat:  Orly Bonder
Main Color:  China Glaze - Man Hunt
Gradient:  Essie - Licorice
Top Coat:  Seche Vite

Holla, N

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I had such a hard time and I feel like I cheated a bit. :( You figure it would be easy but its not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I'm trying to think of something super hard for next Sunday - kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and these gradient nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!! I cheated a little using a stamp, but on my next venture to Walmart, I'll pick up some make-up sponges!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I chose them because they matched what I was wearing!! I actually bought the Man Hunt because it matched my shirt!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love getting and reading all your comments, feedback and questions. I will always try my very best to answer each and every one - thanks for checking in!! Holla, N